Blogging… This is ALL new to me. Awesome new friends in the “blog world” who keep it real, make me smile, and kick ass. Blog Hops. Writing about what goes on in my crazy head. Twitter. Reading blogs and re-writing my own 24/7. Google+, WHEW it can be overwhelming. Of course if you know me, I don’t want to miss a beat. I have realized it is going to happen at times because living life and my family are way more important to me than sharing the embarrassing fact that I simultaneously sneezed, peed a little, and farted earlier today.
I was shocked this past weekend when I received a message from a very funny gal I have recently connected with, nominating me for two Blog Awards: The Sunshine Award and The Versatile Blogger. I need to give a huge THANK YOU and shout out to my girl Tracy at Momaical for this fabulous nomination, you are a shiny, happy person and you too deserve these awards. Check out her hilarious blog at: www.momaical.com follow her, and then stop drop and roll this bitch is amazing.
Before I could get this post up fast enough (FYI I’m a total dipshit when it comes to posting a blog), I was bequeathed the Versatile Blogger Award from my girl Sunshine Mommy. She is my sunshine every morning, noon, and night on twitter and I thank her from the bottom of my crazy insomniac heart for recognizing me. She is the utmost honest and real gal I have “met” in awhile and it is very refreshing. I am bummed because before I could nominate her blog, SUBURBIA INTERRUPTED suburbiainterrupted.com she beat me to it; however, I would like to nominate her for The Sunshine Award .
The Sunshine Award goes to those special people whose blog just makes others happy with their posting, tweet, picture, or comment. I always try to put my best foot forward everyday with a smile on my face and always try to make someone else smile throughout the day.
Here are the rules: The Sunshine Award asks the following questions below for you. After posting the award picture and thanking the blogger that nominated you, you must answer a few funny questions and nominate 10 more blogs for the Sunshine Award.
1.) What would you most like to change about yourself?
<—My flap jacks! Even before they looked like this…I have never, ever, been a fan of my lovely lady bumps. I think even if I had the balls (and money) to get a boob job I would STILL hate them.
2.) What is your theme song? Just one?!? I guess if I had to pick one over the years, it would have to be Maniac from the movie Flashdance. I love to dance, and I’m passionate about many things. At times I break out into the 80’s dance and sing it to my daughter when she is in mid-tantrum. Coming in tied for seconds would be Ain’t No Mountain High Enough or Crazy by Gnarls Barkley. In my early to mid 20’s it was Miss Independent and Call me Maybe (for back in my single days!).
3.) One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain? When I was 25 years old I was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. The right side of my body went numb and it took awhile for them to figure out what was wrong. They thought it was MS, Fibromyalgia, or Lupus then finally a very expensive blood test not covered by insurance confirmed I was dealing with the repercussions of a tick bite that went unseen for years. I was exhausted all the time, in pain, and depressed. This wasn’t how a 25 year old was supposed to feel. I realized how awesome my family and friends were that summer.
4.) What generation do you wish you’d been a part of? This is a tough one. I really wish I was a little older in the 80’s to take advantage of the fluorescent clothes, big hair, and gaudy prom dresses. I wanted to be Madonna so bad…still do!
5.) What was your favorite childhood toy?
6.) What is your favorite household chore? If there is any I actually ENJOY it would have to be loading the dishwasher. I LOVE to use my skills and see just how much I can fit in that bad boy.
7.) Do you twitter? I started off a text-a-holic which transformed into a Facebook addiction when i got a smart phone. I actually didn’t get into twitter until last month and I am OFFICIALLY obsessed! I have no idea what I am doing, but I connect with some awesome people all day long. I don’t feel annoying like I did updating my status as much as I did on FB. Follow me @CGTCMom
8.) Any goals? I had an assignment to complete a BID (Before I die) list when I was 18 (long before The Bucket List was out) which originally consisted of places to visit mostly. Over the past 15 years many things have been crossed off, added, and became more thought provoking than it was when I was younger. My goal is to have everything crossed off someday.
A family short term goal is that we are focused more on our budget. We are following Dave Ramsey’s “The Seven Baby Steps” to financial peace and have made changes such as canceling our cable, not eating out, and ONLY buying necessities. It can be stressful at times, but I know it is something important we have to do NOW rather than be in the poor house in total debt in a few years.
9.) Do you really drink margaritas all the time? On a hot day, I could partake in consuming a few margaritas; however, too many give me indigestion (same thing as Mike’s Hard Lemonades). I will honestly drink pretty much anything, or at least try it. I guess I prefer fruity and will normally a drink special a whirl if I’m not craving a certain drink, glass of wine, or brewski. I went through a time when I was addicted to Shock Top Beer with an orange. YUMMY!
10.) What’s the ugliest car you’ve ever driven? Red 1985 Nissan Sentra-my first car back in 1995, and I loved that baby!
It has taken me awhile to respond to my award for a few reasons. Answering the questions about myself was not the issue, it was who to nominate that I could truly say deserves these awards? It is tough because some of my favs already have been nominated or they have been recognized for WAY more important awards in the past.
And now to nominate my Sunshine Awards (I apologize for only having 6)
- Suburbia Interrupted: http://suburbiainterrupted.com/
- You Know It Happens At Your House: http://www.youknowithappensatyourhousetoo.com/
- Hot Mess Mom: www.hotmessmom.com
- Swimming with Three: http://www.swimmingwith3.com/
- Life’s Little Surprises: http://shannonblaeske.blogspot.com/p/first-blog.html
- The Baer’s Den grows: http://www.thebaersdengrows.blogspot.com/
The Versatile Blogger asks you for 7 Random Facts about yourself:
1) I wish I was a better housewife! I suck at cleaning and do not enjoy it. I LOVE to organize; however, I hate washing floors and dusting. I almost wish I was OCD so I would care more. I’m lucky I have a husband that helps too!
2) I am a sweaty beast-no matter what the temperature is, I sweat. It’s embarrassing, and I have been this way since I was younger and I am afraid to say my little girl is going to be the same way. I have tried everything for my sweaty pits…and if I had the money would totally get botox shots in my armpits to stop it.
3) I am awful at knowing the lyrics to songs, including kid songs and Christmas carols. I attribute this to my OCS (Only Child Syndrome) and that my amazing voice distracts anyone from realizing it. Therefore I make up my own words and my kid likes it-why conform? If you know me-I like to be different! I also have no clue who sings what…I have to save my brain cells.
4) Being a mom has actually made me a little less “crazier” a different kind of crazy than before. (My husband may beg to differ). We all have our issues, whether or not you can openly admit it. Most people that know me have no idea that I’m an anxious, insecure person. I used to worry SO much about what I wore, what I looked like, what people really thought about me, and other stupid things that drove my hubby crazy. Since having a child, I don’t care near as much if my outfit isn’t “in” or my toes don’t have a pedicure. Instead, I worry over things like: Am I a good enough mom? Do people think I am a good mom? What if my husband or I died? What if she gets sick? Why won’t she nap for me? Why isn’t she talking as much as she should? What if she isn’t close to my parents because we don’t live near them? Why doesn’t she weigh more? Wow, thank god for Zoloft!
5) If I could go back and do it all again, my DREAM job would be to be a meteorologist! Oh how I would love to be the chipper weather girl you want to punch in the face every morning for being wrong. I’m obsessed with the weather and tracking storms. Ironically, tornadoes scare the shit out of me and are the one thing I HATE about living in the Midwest. I watched one too many episodes of Storm Stories, and never in my right mind would I have guessed I would be living in tornado alley, married to my hot country bumpkin husband.
6) I have the worst sense of direction, especially in the country. I’m so lucky someone invented the GPS. I can’t read a map. If I am a passenger (which I typically am because my husband hates my “city driving” and refuses to drive with me) and have to return to the same place I will get lost beyond belief and think everything looks “familiar”. I need landmarks when given directions like take a Left at the Dunkin Donuts and continue until you see the school and make a right. Telling me to head south on highway whatever means shit to me. I actually used a GPS anytime I went to the OB when I was pregnant and to this day couldn’t tell you how to get there. God forbid I had to provide directions mid-contraction to someone driving me.
7) I am awful have no f-ing clue, when it comes to farm animals and what they are called. Boys vs girls, babies vs. grown-ups. I had no idea that “boy cows” were bulls until I was 28 years old. I thought cows were only black and white. I have come to the conclusion– it isn’t JUST me. One of my best friends came to visit us in the boonies and was being drilled about her animal expertise. They asked her what is a Buck? She told them she wasn’t sure because she was trying to picture what was on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football team uniforms. Funny thing is we are both college educated adults.
And now onto my Versatile Blogger Award:
- Baby Gators Den: http://babygatorsden.com/
- Elements of Style: http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/about
- Dad on Arrival: http://www.dadonarrival.com/?page_id=161
- Flavors from my Mediterranean Kitchen To Yours: http://www.lashakshuka.blogspot.com/
- My Own Private Idaho http://www.lostinidaho.me/
- Dad Blunders: http://www.dadblunders.com/
- Mallory’s Musings: http://www.mallorysmusings.com/
- Rambling Notebook: http://www.ramblingnotebook.com/
If you are nominated:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.